Saturday, October 9, 2010

Blog #9

I took a lot away from reading the book, Tuesdays with Morrie, by Mitch Albom. In this book, Morrie talks to Mitch about how the American society lives today. Morrie teaches the lesson that our lives should not be centered by material possessions. Instead, he wishes that we build human relationships and center our lives around people because the things we buy will eventually disappear or break, while relationships with one another can last a lifetime. He also says we should not “buy into society” and try to be like everyone else, instead we should begin to live independently and the way we want to. Could you imagine what our world would be like today if every single person dressed, behaved, and looked like one another?

After reading this wonderful book, my life has changed. The lessons were bulging out of the book, just waiting to be taught. I heard what Morrie was saying to Mitch and I am trying my best to put his heartfelt lessons into my everyday life. I have been focusing more on my friends and family instead of living my life through the usual materialistic ways. I feel as though I am an overall better person because of reading Albom’s book. This book will continue to spread through the hearts of many people around this world and hopefully change our society's materialistic view on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment