Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blog #5

During our class discussion, many people had different views on loneliness and whether or not homeless people are actually lonely. Everybody has their own opinions, but I want to put mine out there point blank. I think there is a HUGE difference between being alone and being lonely. Most of the time when someone is alone, it’s because they put themselves in that position and are choosing to live that way. When people are lonely, it seems like most of the time they are the type of people who hope everything comes to them instead of going out to get what they want.


I learned a lot about being judgmental during our discussions too. Our society as a whole always seems to jump to conclusions based on first impressions. I too, am guilty of this. The story of the Box Man really taught me some valuable life lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment