Sunday, August 22, 2010

Blog #2

  For some reason this one didn't post, so I had to rewrite it. Anyways... here it is!


         Of the many books I've read throughout my life, not many have been nonfiction. Of the ones that I have read; The Dairy of Anne Frank by Anne and Otto Frank, All But My Life by Gerda Weissmann Klein are the most memorable.

        When I read The Diary of Anne Frank, the autobiography/diary, I remember her many admirable qualities. After reading her book, I remember wanting to be as strong as she was. Even though she faced enormous amounts of adversity throughout her life, she kept pushing in order to survive. I took that and gave all my heart in everything I do.
        Gerda Weissmann Klein’s book, All But My Life, was inspirational too. Gerda's world was crumbling around her with her brother off to war and being seperated from her parents on the long marches to the camps. Plus, her only friends were dying left and right. She had to be self-reliant, optomistic, and courageous in order to live to see the next day. Gerda also had to mature real quick if she wanted any hopes of surviving. She had many admirable qualities that I try to engrain into my life and use everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment